FOR DRAINING THE WATER (Family
- Turn off water at outside stopcock (near fence)
- Open all taps, hot and cold and allow water to drain off
- Open small silver tap on pipes below the building at
- Open stopcock in airing cupboard below immersion heater
- Put bowls underneath stopcock under kitchen sink, open it
and allow to drain. Close it when it has stopped dripping.
- Put bowls underneath the two stopcocks under bathroom
sink, open them and allow to drain. Close when they have stopped dripping.
- Open stopcock below shower unit – this needs adjustable
spanner. Close when it has drained off.
- Put bowl under stopcock at back of toilet, open in and
allow to drain off. Close it. When no water left in pan, stuff a rag into
the toilet pan.
- If sure that no water remains to drain from immersion or
cold water tank then you can close the stopcock under the immersion
heater. If unsure, leave this open to finish draining, and leave an
obvious note to say it needs to be closed before turning the water on
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TURNING THE
- Check that all stopcocks in the house are closed: one
under immersion heater in airing cupboard; one under kitchen sink; two
under bathroom sink; one under shower unit; one behind toilet.
- Close the silver tap under the building.
- Turn on the water at the main stopcock by the fence.
- Check water is running freely to both cold and hot taps.
- Do not turn on immersion heater until hot water tank has
filled with cold water.